Women’s Health Physiotherapy is a specialised field that treats conditions uniquely associated with the female population. In Australia, Women’s Health issues are widely under-reported but are known to have a significant effect on quality of life. This means that women ‘suffer in silence’ or live with problems, often unaware that help is available. In many cases, Physiotherapy can be of enormous benefit.
Belmont City Physiotherapy offers a personalised service that provides assessment, management and treatment of these disorders. We also provide pre-and post-natal care for women during and after pregnancy.
All assessments and treatments are conducted in a discreet and private environment with a post-graduate trained female Women’s Health Physiotherapist.
Some of the conditions we treat are listed here. We appreciate the sensitive nature of these, and guarantee our professionalism, respect, and above all your privacy.
- Urinary Urgency and Frequency (Overactive Bladder)
- Stress Urinary Incontinence
- Urge Urinary Incontinence
- Pelvic Organ Prolapse
- Constipation and Defecation Disorders
- Faecal Incontinence
- Pelvic Girdle Pain
- Low Back Pain in pregnancy
- Gestational Diabetes
- Exercise in High Risk Pregnancy
- Perineal Tears and Obstetric Anal Sphincter Injuries (OASIS)
- Post-natal pelvic floor dysfunction
- Diastasis Rectus Abdominus
- Pre-natal and Post-natal Clinical Pilates
If you have any queries regarding our Women's Health service, please do not hesitate to call us on 9477 4811. Our receptionists will be able to answer many of your queries, and if they can't your queries will be passed onto our Physiotherapists directly who will endeavour to respond as quickly as they can.