Incontinence is a physical problem that can be effectively addressed with Physiotherapy just like any other musculoskeletal issue. Our Women's Health Service offers a specialised evaluation and treatment plan in a professional and discrete setting to help you regain control.
- Incontinence is untreatable and just a part of getting old.
- The older you are the less you should bother trying to fix the problem.
- Pelvic floor exercises won’t work.
- Light bladder leakage “LBL” is normal.
- Wearing a pad is the best solution.
- Drinking less fluid will improve incontinence.
- Incontinence can occur in people of all ages, men women and children.
- The sooner you seek help from a trained continence Physiotherapist, the sooner you will likely improve.
- Incontinence can be greatly improved by consulting a Physiotherapist.
- Pelvic floor exercises are critical in helping you regain control.
- Most people require between 1-5 sessions with a specially trained continence Physiotherapist. Research suggests more than 80% of women seen report significant improvement as a result.
How can the team at Belmont City Physiotherapy help you?
- Diagnose contributing factors in your incontinence
- Teach you pelvic floor exercises correctly
- Set up a plan to help you regain control.